Licensed Automotive Technician
February 06 2019, David Lockyer
Our “state of the art” automotive service maintenance and repair center requires a reliable, Licensed Automotive Technician immediately to join our team during our very busy Tire Changeover Season (approx. 1200 set of stored tires). We operate one of the largest, fully equipped and most efficient automotive repair shops in the North Bay and the surrounding area. We expect service excellence from our entire staff!
To be a successful candidate for this position you must be
licensed and have the experience and ability to provide our customers with quality repairs and maintenance
- an outstanding flat-rate compensation plan that increases based on the number of GM Technical Courses completed
- a generous benefits plan including critical illness
Responsibilities and Duties
● Perform routine automotive maintenance tasks, including oil changes, tire changeovers and rotations, transmission flushes, air conditioner re-charges, front-end alignments, battery installations, and headlight/tail light installations.
● Complete Electronic Multi-Point Vehicle Health Checks as per GM requirements.
● Maintain a working knowledge of current industry best practices in automotive repair.
● Conduct extensive diagnostic procedures to determine the sources of customers’ problems and provide accurate repair recommendations
● Inspect vehicles according to the Ministry of Transportation requirements for safety certification
● Conduct necessary repairs and test drive vehicles to verify cause, complaint, and correction.
● Maintain legible and accurate electronic repair orders for both the customer and dealership records
● Clean and maintain the work environment daily to ensure equipment longevity and workplace safety
Qualifications and Skills
● Minimum, High School Diploma plus either ASEP or equivalent Provincial Designation
● 3+ years of (General Motors preferred) service technician experience
● Willingness to participate in continuous in-house training
● Ability to supply a complete set of automotive repair tools
● Knowledge of diagnostic tools and equipment
● Competitive compensation
● Work/life balance
● Ongoing Training
● Ownership support
● Mentorship and development
● Relocation Assistance available